Sunday, July 24, 2011

Albuquerque and a Mental Health Challenge

The hubby and I are taking a trip up to Albuquerque today to hopefully fix my car.  The AC has completely gone out and there is no way you can live in the desert without AC!  I love my car but I am concerned with how expensive it is to fix and, with the research Matt has done, there seems to be more issues that have been happening to other people who own a VW Passat.  A new car may be in order, but trying not to jump ahead of ourselves.
Anyway, so that is just a little bit about what I am doing today.  What are you up to?  Feeling a little stressed out lately?  Work or personal problems really getting to you?  Your mental health is so important and it sometimes gets pushed to the wayside.  With our busy lives we only seem to take really good care of ourselves when we are physically ill, even then sometimes we don't.  So I have a challenge for everyone today.  Take sometime just for yourself today.  Even if it is 10 or 15 minutes sitting on your back porch, or right in front of your AC if you are living in one of the heat warning states! ;)  Catch up on some reading, write an email to a friend you haven't talked to in a while, or call your mom.  Try not to sit in front of the TV though, this does not help us relax, especially with all the crazy things going on in the world.
This blog is my time for myself.  I hope you all make this challenge happen today.  Mental health can really affect our physical health.
Love and good mental health to all, thanks for reading!
Gabby xo

No comments:

Post a Comment