Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pink Pout

Loving this season's trend of the bright lips!  I'm usually a nude lip gal myself, but I tried out the Hot Pink lip and I love it!  Here are a few tips for getting the perfect bright lips. 
First thing you want to do is exfoliate your lips.  This can easily be done with a soft toothbrush or I like to use my face scrub and quickly run over my lips when I am washing my face.  Then make sure you moisturize with a balm.  I really like NARS lip balm, but any will do. 
As you are going to have such a bright color on your lips, a lip liner is essential.  Bright colors, like this Hot pink, are not very forgiving when you draw outside the line! :)  Sephora makes really great lip liners.  They come in about every color under the sun, are creamy, and are only $5 each, which is less than most at drugstores.  I have a very pale pink one which also works for a light nude lip. 
Next apply your Hot pink lipstick.  I got this one at the drugstore.  I think it is from the Revlon line.  Apply one coat, blot, and then apply a second coat.  This will help the lipstick stay longer.
You can finish there if you like more of a matte look or if you are a gloss freak, like myself, you can finish with either a clear with a slight shimmer gloss, like Make Up Forever's lab shine, or this light pink shade gloss by T Tarantino (both available at Sephora).
If you don't think you are ready for Hot Pink lips just yet, try a few shades brighter in your normal color of choice.  Maybe in a berry or brown.  Either way try something new with your makeup this season.  It's amazing what a little change can do.
Thanks for reading!
Gabby xo

No comments:

Post a Comment