Saturday, July 30, 2011

Listening to the Spa Channel and Getting Creative :)

Milo did his first vanishing act last night.  As you know Matt went out on a fire last night.  When he came home at 1:30am he told me that he found Milo outside.  Half asleep I tried to figure out how he escaped.  Because it rained last night I opened the windows.  Turns out one of the windows I opened did not have a screen on it as Matt is fixing them before we move.  Open window, curious cat, you get the picture.  But he stayed around and that was good!
Matt went to work this morning so I decided to get up early.  That really is the nicest time of the day in the desert.  I put on my favorite blue tie dye maxi dress, got my morning chai and went down to the river park to enjoy a few minutes of quiet.  I even had my XM radio tuned to The Spa channel, haha.  Yeah, I was super relaxed :)  After that I did a quick walk about the Farmer's Market (very small here in Cbad, but still impressed we have one). 
I then got the creative bug!  I really want to make my own feather earrings, but I am not finding any feathers in the stores here.  Unfortunately our nearest craft store is an hour away in Roswell.  So I decided to pick up some charms from WalMart and I made some super easy but cute earrings with those and then I beaded a couple of bracelets to go with today's blue outfit.  I love beading.  I used to make bead jewelry all the time when I was younger and I love it when I make time to do that again.
Matt is finally home after another 2 fires today.  No rest for the weary, poor bear.  Going to watch the Adjustment Bureau, very excited for this one.  I'll post my thoughts on it tomorrow.  And if you have already watched it let me know what you think.  I am also reading 22 Britannia Road right now, it's fantastic.  So when I am done with that I will write a review too.
Stayed tuned for tomorrow's blog post, I am going to talk about the AMAZING-ness (yeah that is totally a word) of Green Tea!
Thanks for reading!
Sending crafty inspiration your way,
Gabby xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment