Sunday, July 24, 2011

Top News:  We are moving! Finally!! :)  To all my Carlsbad peeps, I'm sorry I am so excited, but this girl needs a bigger city with WAY less heat!  Matt and I are moving North to Salt Lake City.  I have been accepted to the Aveda Institute Provo, which is about an hour south of SLC.  We will probably be living somewhere in the middle of SLC and Provo.  Matt is waiting on all the final paperwork for a BLM wildland fire job, but government paperwork is very slow, so we have to be patient about that.
My first day of school is September 19th and I am sooo excited.  Aveda is such an amazing school and business and this beauty nut is going to love going to school and work!  My goal is to start out as a stylist and makeup artist and then open up my own salon down the road.  I have always wanted to own my own business and Aveda is going to be a wonderful foundation to start from.
Now comes the awful part of packing.  Ugh!  Not a fan, as you can tell.  But with my goal of SLC and school, I think I will be able to get it done.
The question that is on everyone's mind: Do Matt and I have plans on becoming Mormon?  Have no fear, the answer is defininitely NO!  Matt and I are both Methodist, one of the most laid back religions you can get.  And I am way too lazy to follow all the rules of being a Mormon.  No caffeine?  This British gal is NOT giving up her PG Tips!  All respect for the Mormon religion and those who are part of it, but it's just not my perosnal cup o tea.
You may all come and visit us now that we are going to live in an exciting place with lots to do!  Carlsbad has the super awesome caverns, but after day one, there's not much else. 
Well that's just a very quick update.  More to come!
Thanks for reading!
Gabby xo

No comments:

Post a Comment